Sunday, August 21, 2011

No News

I should hear this week if I am approved. I wasn't worried, but now I am a little bit. I don't have a two year weight history. You see, I haven't had insurance during most of my adult life. I've been consistently around 300 though. I had insurance in 2005 and 2006, but that's too far apart. I did participate in a ADD drug study in 2007. I sent in my weight for that year and I visited urgent care in 2010. Nothing in 2009 though. I had completely forgot to write a letter explaining this. I was going to include it in the submittal.

I talked with my insurance advocate and she said not to worry about it. She was going to hand deliver it to the person that is going to approve it and she'd explain. Not to say that I don't believe her, I've just come to the conclusion that you shouldn't leave things of this nature entirely in someone else's hands. I'll call her tomorrow and see what's up. I hope that if I get denied, I can fight it. If i can't, I will just wait till next year when I have a proven weight history of over a 35 bmi for 2 years. I've already waited for 10 years. You know I must have somehow dropped a ton of weight between 2008-2009 and then gained it all back just in time for 2010. Tricky, tricky, tricky!

If anyone is reading my blog, did you have an easy approval?

3 comments:

The Vanishing Mom said...

My approval was stupid easy. Sometimes I feel bad about sharing my story because my journey to the surgery table was smoother than most.
A vetted, well known surgeon is 5 minutes from my house. During my hospital stay I had about 10 nurses ask me how far I had traveled because they are so used to Dr. Greenbaums patients traveling far and wide to use him. I can walk to his office from my house.
I had all my ducks in a row for my approval within a matter of weeks. What took me the longest was making my testing appointments.
Once submitted I was approved in less than three weeks with no questions asked. With the surprise that my insurance company was new for my surgeon.

My first appointment with him was Feb 9th. I had my approval by the end of May and my surgery was on July 11th. Had he not of been booked my surgery would of been sooner. To be honest the whole processes would of gone faster except I had to wait longer than expected for my pysch, cardiologist, pulmonologist, and sleep study appointments. Had they have been able to schedule me sooner I could have shaved at least 6 weeks of that time frame.

Yours will come faster than you realize it and when you look back on it you will be in awe. Hang in there and when your frustrated thats what I'm for, call/txt/write me and bitch all you want :)

CraftyHobbit said...

My approval was also REALLY easy. But then, I was 460 when I applied and had been over 350 for 8 years with a lot of campus health weight records.

Heidi said...

Thanks guys. I know I'll get it, I'll just have to wait maybe.