Monday, August 15, 2011

Lovely

I only knew her briefly, but we were a kindred pair. Stephanie was a sweet, bright spot on this planet. Someone that just made you smile. She left behind a grieving family and a devoted, devastated boyfriend. She was the love of his life.

She wanted to be free from the prison that was her body. She wanted it so badly, in my opinion she put her own safety aside for a chance at a happy and healthy new life. I feel guilty that I didn't push harder for another option. She might still be here.

She loved her family. She loved her boyfriend. She loved her cats and her little lizard. She loved photography. She loved I Love Lucy and Harry Potter. On a side note, she told me her patronus would either be a dolphin or a sea lion. She was whimsical and lovely. When I think of Stephanie Capek, I think of the word Lovely. She just was.

You will be dearly, sorely, deeply, and truly missed. I only wish I was able to meet you in person. I would have been better for it I'm sure.

If you want to get a small glimpse into her world this is a link to her blog.

5 comments:

The Vanishing Mom said...

Beautiful words. I've been choked up about it all day. I miss her. I know you do too. *hugs* I keep looking for her new blog post or a new comment... It's so weird not to see any.

Heidi said...

Thank you. I'm so sad for her. It just doesn't seem real. It's like a sick joke. I wish it was. I will miss her very much, we both will.

Hugs back to you too sister.

Jason said...

Thank you so much for this. I miss her so much. She brought so much love and happiness into my life I can't even begin to describe it. My whole future was going to be dedicated to making her as happy as she could possibly be. It's not fair for her to be gone. Not to me, her family, and not to her.

Jason said...

Thank you for this. Stephanie was everything to me. My only real goal in life seemed to be just to make her as happy as she could possibly be. I just wish I still had the chance to do that. I will never, ever forget her nor will I ever stop loving her with all of my heart. She was the most important thing in my entire world.

Kj said...

I am so sorry for her loss.