Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of July pics

Here are the pics from the 4th. We had a great time at our little water park and my sister in law and her family showed up, totally not planned, but a nice surprise. See that gleaming pasty white skin? It doesn't usually see the sun. It behaved itself and didn't burn. Jeff wasn't so lucky, poor guy. The sunscreen only took in some areas, so he's striped.
We BBQ'd and ate on the patio with our neighbors. Nothing too spectacular, just your typical fare. I did make a delicious strawberry cake dessert. I did have a piece....don't tell my Dr. I figure I won't have much of that kind of stuff for a while. I would like to say it was a small piece thank you. the other lady in the pictures with me is my mom and my neighbor.
Then we lit our illegal fireworks. The girls had tons of sparklers to burn through and they played with roman candles, ground bloom flowers, tanks, and hens. It was good. We did have to go to an empty lot to light off Jeff's apaches. They were just too volatile for a neighborhood, one may have almost hit a car, they were awesome though. I'm pretty tired in this picture and I would like to have it known that I didn't have any make up on, so don't judge me too harshly. :)

2 comments:

The Vanishing Mom said...

I'm jealous. I spent my 4th indoors because I thought I wouldn't be able to take the smell of the food. Turns out I could and ended up having a small sliver of chicken breast and potato salad in place of one of my shakes. I didn't stay outside very long, I don't know how good my willpower would of been if I did. You look fabulous by the way!

Heidi said...

Thanks. :)

I was pretty good with the food. I had my protein first and then veggies and dip. I splurged on the piece of cake though.

Good luck on your surgery. You're having it on my oldest daughter's birthday.