Friday, June 10, 2011

School's Out For Summah!



Today is the last day of school for my two girls. Lindsay will be leaving elementary school and joining the ranks of the dreaded middle school. Is there anyone that made it through middle school unscathed? Abbey will be in 8th grade and will be sharing the same school with little sister once again. This will be interesting, very interesting.

I've got lots of fun activities planned for the summer. I would have more if I lived back in Spokane, but you work with what you've got. I've told/threatened the girls that every morning we were going to get up and go walk around the high school track. We would each do a mile. Oh wait, I'll be the one walking. The girls will be expected to jog it. Upon hearing this news Abbey had a sudden onset of asthma that couldn't be controlled with her multiple puffs on her inhaler. Lindsay could be heard squealing with joy. That kid LOVES exercise and that's not an exaggeration. Lucky ducky.

There will also be a lot of swimming. I only wish that we had the awesome pools of Spokane here. Those pools have slides, play equipment, a great deep end, and I was willing to swim there. I don't know anyone in Spokane other than the people that have always known me as fat. I don't care if they see my fat carcass in my swim suit! But here, I have loads of people from high school that still live here and frequent all of the places I do. I'm trying to work up the nerve to just go on and enjoy myself and not let them stop me. So far, I'm not successful. I really want to do water aerobics at the public pool though....

Surgeon appointment went really well. I showed a 12lbs loss on his scale. Yay! I know that I've lost more than that. I can estimate that my clothes weighed about 1 and a half pounds. I had just finished lunch, so another pound respectively. I'd also throw in a little water weight to boot. So I bet I'm really another 3-4lbs lighter than the scale was letting on. No worries though. I only needed to lose 10. I'll keep that extra in my pocket for next weigh in. Now I just gotta keep keepin' on! Happy Summer to you. Please enjoy the incredibly insensitive, yet accurate, vintage post card.

No comments: