Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Gotta get the water out!

My poor face was swollen from last Thursday to 2am this morning. I'll spare you the uh, snotty details, but the point is I feel much, much better! Now I just need to get all of the water in my body to release. I get so puffy when I'm sick, no matter how much I drink.

I've got a surgeon's appointment in two days and I need all the weight off I can get. I'm pounding Crystal light. I hope and wish that I don't loose my taste for it after I have the surgery. I just simply can't handle water. I gag! When I was chronically anemic for 8 years, I drank water and ate ice ALL day long. No cup went empty with me around. Oh, are you going to finish that ice? Yoink. Don't mind if I do! I've gotten my anemia under control since last November and my craving for ice slowly went away as well. Then I wasn't just not interested in it anymore, I was turned off a bit. Now I don't mind ice, though I never chew it, but I just can't stand water. I know, weird.

So, getting the liquid intake under control, check. Walking? I did a mile and half on Sunday. I was doing great! I wanted to do a few more laps, but the all too familiar burning of thigh chaffing was starting to happen. DANG IT!!! I got home and I didn't think it was too bad, wrong. It's not totally the thighs, it's like right were your thighs and butt meet. Walking to get around has been ouch, so walking around the neighborhood has been no. I tried to put on Jeff's spandex compression shorts. First of all, getting them on was, how shall I put this.... like stuffing a cat into a tube sock? I don't know, it wasn't easy. I managed to get them on and pulled up as high as possible and the patch on my right was still irritated. It's better today and I might try the shorts again to attempt a walk tonight. It makes me think I might need a lower body lift after all is said and done. We'll see I suppose.

So there it is. I'm stressed about weigh in and my thigh/butt or thutt, is not so good. I'm also going to do a vlog now that my face doesn't look like the cat lady's. Don't know what I'll talk about, but I'm doing one.

1 comment:

spammy.anna said...

Way to go on the walking! I am so proud of you Heidi'ne! You are doing spectacular.