Tuesday, October 11, 2011

After The Hotel

I spent two nights in the hotel. I still wasn't ready to go home and needed somewhere to stay. My wonderful aunt Cindy had offered me her house months before I had the surgery. I also have another wonderful aunt Karen who offered me her house as well. I have to say, in the midst of being shunned and not wanted by some family, it's nice to know some still love you.

I was glad to be at Cindy's though. She has a pull out bed in her living room couch. I know, hide-a-beds yuck, but this one has a pillow topped air mattress that never goes flat. It was also at just the right height for me to get in and out of. That was a big thing. We just piled up 50 pillows and drugged me up.

I needed Jeff's help everyday to get out of bed and back into it. It did get better everyday. I also had to get my fluids in. I was shooting for at least 64oz, Jeff was shooting for at least 80. Most of the time we met in the middle. Stuff I had and preferred were water, mint tea, beef broth, and watered down Crystal Light. All poured in to 5 little plastic cups. Drink one, wait 5 minutes and then drink another. Jeff really needs a medal, it was like taking care of a newborn.

I ended up going home earlier than I expected. I should've stayed in town for at least 10 days after surgery. Jeff was leaving to go back home. Work needed him back and he'd taken all the days he could. I would've been fine there by myself, but then I talked to the girls on the phone. Abbey sounded worn out and wanted me home. Abbey who was strong in the beginning, had started to crumble. I couldn't ignore it, she needed me. Both of my girls did and I felt it was the right thing to do. I still believe that it was.

I got home from a long car ride. My horrendous periods started up a few days after surgery. I had to go to the ER a week or so ago for it. It's getting better now, but I'm still going to see a new OB about getting an ablation.

I'm still sore in some spots on my tummy. One recently has gotten worse. I've been advised to get a binder from a medical supply store. I think I will do that. I'm able to drink my fluids no problem. It takes me 45 min to eat an egg, baby steps, baby steps. I am improving, just not as fast as I want. I want to be eating and driving and whatever I feel like. Not happening. I need to come to terms that I just had a HUGE surgery and I need time to heal.

Next post I'll put up some pictures. I've almost lost 30lbs since day of surgery. Yay!

No comments: